Whitby Town welcome Worksop Town to the Towbar Express Stadium at the Turnbull Ground in the Buildbase FA Trophy on Saturday afternoon (3pm).
The Blues had one cup run ended on Monday night as they fell to a 3-2 defeat against Stourbridge in an Emirates FA Cup replay.
However, they will be hoping that as one run ends another begins on Saturday in another prestigious FA competition.
* Corey Roper is deemed fit to play a part in the match after he was injured
following the game with Warrington Town earlier this month
* Dale Hopson continues to remain sidelined for the foreseeable due to a
* Greg Rutherford featured on the bench in last Saturday’s Emirates FA Cup,
however this may have been just to make up numbers
* Callum Patton has been suffering with a back injury lately, but personally
revealed that he may be back in a few weeks time
* The Blues are also hopeful that top-scorer Bradley Fewster will be
available in the not too distant future
THE THOUGHTS OF CHRIS HARDY
“We start in a different FA competition and it’s a winnable game. Hopefully we can see similar faces to the ones we saw through the turnstiles last Saturday as we want to keep our cup journey going on for as long as possible, albeit in a different competition. We’ve been having a look at our group this week but I’m too sure that we’ll have anyone back from injury and we’d have made sure that nothing was picked up from the two games against Stourbridge.”
FACTS & FIGURES
* This will be Whitby’s 44th season computing in the FA Trophy since first
entering back in the 1974/75 season where they fell to a 3-2 defeat at
Shildon in the Preliminary Round
* Whitby’s best run in the competition came in the 1983/84season when
they made it to the Quarter-finals going down to a 3-0 defeat in a replay
* Tickets cost £10 for adults, £6 for concessions, £3 for under-18’s with U16’s
going in for FREE with a paying adult
* Turnbull’s Bar will be open from 12pm and will remain open into the
evening following the conclusion of the match