Whitby Town welcome Gloucester City to the Towbar Express Stadium in the Emirates FA Cup Third Qualifying Round.
The Blues will be looking to continue their cup run following away victories at Widnes and 1874 Northwich so far in the competition.
Following a 3-0 defeat at the hands of Matlock Town last Saturday, the Seasiders will be doubly determined to right the wrongs this time out against National League North opposition.
However, they are set to be without five players for the tie with two being added after last week’s match.
* Striker, Greg Rutherford remains sidelined but will hope to return to the
* Fellow striker, Bradley Fewster is also a doubt for the visit of Gloucester.
The club’s top scorer had to be withdrawn in the last round against 1874
* In midfield, Callum Patton continues to sit out with his back issue that has
plagued him since returning the the club last season
* Team captain, Dale Hopson will have an assessment of his injury received
against Matlock last Saturday
* The final absentee is defender, Luke Bythway who suffered from a
dislocated finger last time out. He will need to recover from this
CHRIS HARDY’S THOUGHTS
“We need to be better than we were last Saturday, there are no two ways about that. The guys had been on a great run prior to that game so we’ve got to try and re-group to get another run going, hopefully starting on Saturday. We’re desperate for a cup run, we’ve said this from day one. We’ve prepped correctly for this game so hopefully if we perform, we can get a result.”
* This is the first ever meeting between Whitby Town and Gloucester City
* This will be the 28th time Whitby have played in the Third Qualifying
Round of the FA Cup but the first time since the 2012/13 season
* Whitby’s last victory at the this stage of the competition came back in the
2003/04 season when Warrington Town were defeated in a replay